University Of Aberdeen International
When you are thinking about studying overseas, it is important that you understand all the costs involved and budget accordingly. It is essential to budget for your studies prior to leaving your home country and to arrange all your funding for BOTH your tuition fees and your living costs. To help you budget we have included some information on the cost of study, but please remember these are only a guide and the costs will vary from student to student. You can also use the International Student Calculator to help plan and manage your budget for studying in the UK.
Founded in 1495, the University of Aberdeen is the fifth oldest university in the English-speaking world. Situated in the stunning historic neighbourhood of Old Aberdeen, the University is today known as a centre of excellence in the Humanities, Law, Energy, Health Sciences and Environmental Studies.
Undergraduate students enrolled at a recognised international college or university outside the European Union can spend a semester or year at the University of Aberdeen. With over 70 undergraduate majors on offer across three colleges, you will find a great choice of classes to take at Aberdeen and will be able to tailor your selection to suit your individual requirements.
The University has welcomed visiting students for over four decades and has a dedicated team to assist you through the entire process, from the initial application, through to registering for classes and orientation. You will also receive a transcript of the classes you take at Aberdeen, for your home university.
The University of Aberdeen is fully semesterised, which means you can study at Aberdeen for the Fall Semester (September-December), Spring Semester (January-May) or a full academic year.
- Study at an Ancient University, that is over 500 years old.
- Immerse yourself in our historic campus, with buildings dating back over 500 years and which was named amongst the Top Ten Most Beautiful Historic Universities in the UK by the QS Top Universities website.
- Study in the award-winning Sir Duncan Rice Library, named amongst the 20 Most Spellbinding University Libraries in the world by the Independent newspaper.
- Choose classes from across over 70 disciplines to suit your own major or minor requirements.
- Get specialised academic advising on course selection from your nominated advisor
- Receive comprehensive advice and support from the International Student Support Team, including Airport Pick-Up, Orientation, Resident Assistants and International Student Advisers.
- Play or relax in our olympic standard Sports Village and Aquatics Centre
- Study and live alongside our 15,000 Scottish and other international students.
- Enjoy easy walking access to the modern city of Aberdeen, Scotland’s safest university city, with a great range of shops, bars, restaurants, malls etc.
- Explore the rest of the UK and Europe, with access to great transport links, including a train station and international airport on your doorstep.