University Of Aberdeen Study Abroad
Many Aberdeen students undertake part of their degree study in another country. Some degree programmes have a built-in period of study abroad. Modern Languages and European Studies degrees obviously demand that you spend time in the country or countries whose languages you are studying, but many other degree programmes offer similar opportunities as an option. For example, Law with Languages or with another European Legal System, offer such opportunities for those who wish to take them. Beyond this, we have two major schemes to help students of most disciplines who wish to spend part of their time studying abroad.
Founded in 1495, the University of Aberdeen is the fifth oldest university in the English-speaking world. Situated in the stunning historic neighbourhood of Old Aberdeen, the University is today known as a centre of excellence in the Humanities, Law, Energy, Health Sciences and Environmental Studies.
Study Abroad and Exchange
The University of Aberdeen takes pleasure in welcoming visiting students from all around the world and has numerous study opportunities for visiting study abroad and exchange students, and also for current Aberdeen students who would like to spend part of their degree in another country.
Students can study with us for a single semester or a full academic year and there are wide ranges of subjects on offer. The following entry routes are available:
Undergraduate students enrolled at a recognised international college or university outside the European Union can spend a semester or year at the University of Aberdeen. With over 70 undergraduate majors on offer across three colleges, you will find a great choice of classes to take at Aberdeen and will be able to tailor your selection to suit your individual requirements.
The University has welcomed visiting students for over four decades and has a dedicated team to assist you through the entire process, from the initial application, through to registering for classes and orientation. You will also receive a transcript of the classes you take at Aberdeen, for your home university.
The University of Aberdeen is fully semesterised, which means you can study at Aberdeen for the Fall Semester (September-December), Spring Semester (January-May) or a full academic year.
- Study at an Ancient University, that is over 500 years old.
- Immerse yourself in our historic campus, with buildings dating back over 500 years and which was named amongst the Top Ten Most Beautiful Historic Universities in the UK by the QS Top Universities website.
- Study in the award-winning Sir Duncan Rice Library, named amongst the 20 Most Spellbinding University Libraries in the world by the Independent newspaper.
- Choose classes from across over 70 disciplines to suit your own major or minor requirements.
- Get specialised academic advising on course selection from your nominated advisor
- Receive comprehensive advice and support from the International Student Support Team, including Airport Pick-Up, Orientation, Resident Assistants and International Student Advisers.
- Play or relax in our olympic standard Sports Village and Aquatics Centre
- Study and live alongside our 15,000 Scottish and other international students.
- Enjoy easy walking access to the modern city of Aberdeen, Scotland’s safest university city, with a great range of shops, bars, restaurants, malls etc.
- Explore the rest of the UK and Europe, with access to great transport links, including a train station and international airport on your doorstep.
Directorate of Student Life
Tel: +44 (0)1224 272090