University Of Aberdeen Zendto
ZendTo is a service to make it easy for you to move files, including large files up to 20.0 GB, in and out of the University.
- If you are a member of the University, you can log in with your University of Aberdeen Username and password and send files to anyone, in or out of the University.
Start by logging in and then clicking the “Drop-off” button.
- If you are not a member of the University, you cannot log in but you can still send files to people in the University if you know their email address.
Start by clicking the “Drop-off” button.
- If you are a member of the University and wish to ask someone outside the University to send you some files, you can make the process a lot easier for them by logging in and then clicking the “Request a Drop-off” button.
This means the other person does not have to pass any tests to prove who they are, which makes the whole process a lot quicker for them.
- Files are automatically deleted from ZendTo 14 days after you upload them, so you don’t need to manually clean up.
- Using ZendTo, you can transfer Ordinary, Confidential, Restricted and Personal information to colleagues within the University in a way which is more secure than ordinary email as the files are stored on and accessed from our Aberdeen University network. If you are transferring anything other than Ordinary material to a recipient outside the University then you should encrypt the files before uploading to ZendTo for an extra level of protection:
Sending Internally? Sending Externally? Ordinary No encryption required No encryption required Confidential No encryption required Encryption required Restricted No encryption required Encryption required Personal No encryption required Encryption required
Here are links to some free encryption applications: