UAH’S Joint Undergraduate Master’s Program (JUMP):
UAH’s Joint Undergraduate Master’s Program (JUMP) allows undergraduate students to study at the graduate level. By taking graduate courses in your senior year you could reduce the time taken to get a graduate (MS or MA) degree.
Benefits for you:
- No entrance exam!
- Double count undergrad classes for grad degree!
- Pay undergrad tuition for grad classes taken as a JUMP student!
- No application fee!
How to JUMP!
- Apply any time before your last semester.
- Meet with your college JUMP advisor and submit application.
|Your Current Undergraduate Degree||Desired JUMP Master Degree||JUMP Advisor|
|Aerospace Engineering||Aerospace Systems Engineeringemail@example.com|
|Aerospace Engineering||Mechanical Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Biology||Biology||Dr. Moriarity email@example.com|
|Business – All Programs||Business – All Programs||Ms. Pettitt firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Dr. Krishnan Chittur email@example.com|
|Chemistry||Chemistry||Dr. Scholz firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Civil & Environmental Engineering||Civil & Environmental Engineering||Dr. Anderson email@example.com|
|Computer Engineering||Computer Engineering||Dr. English firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Computer Program Engineering||Software Engineering||Dr. Gaede email@example.com|
|Computer Science||Computer Science||Dr. Weisskopf firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Earth Systems Science||Atmospheric Science||Dr. Carey email@example.com|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Dr. English firstname.lastname@example.org|
|English||English||Dr. Bollinger email@example.com|
|History||History||Dr. Waring firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Industrial Systems Engineering||Industrial Systems Engineering||Dr. Collopy email@example.com|
|Mathematics||Mathematics||Dr. Zhang firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mechanical Engineering||Aerospace Systems Engineeringemail@example.com|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Physics||Physics||Dr. James Miller email@example.com|
|Political Science||Public Affairs||Dr. Pottenger firstname.lastname@example.org@uah.edu|
More JUMP! programs are being established if yours is not listed above.
We think the JUMP! Program is a win-win, but find out why from a student who’s enrolled in the program.
Official Rules for JUMP!
- For admission to JUMP, students must meet overall GPA requirements* of the college. GPA includes all transfer coursework.
- Only courses taken at UAH and listed on JUMP application are eligible.
- Students must receive a B in each JUMP course for it to count towards graduate degree.
- Students must maintain minimum overall GPA throughout JUMP program until graduation.
- All coursework must be completed within six years of taking first JUMP class.
- Students are considered undergraduate students until all requirements for undergraduate degree are met.
- Students cannot hold a GTA, GRA, or graduate scholarship or fellowship until undergraduate degree is completed.
- If a change is made to initial JUMP application both a JUMP change form and a change to student’s undergraduate Program of Study (POS) must be submitted for approval.
- If student’s GPA upon graduation is less than the required minimum, the student does not receive admission to the graduate degree program automatically. Student must apply to the graduate school with admission test score and graduate application. Courses will be counted as if the student had been a non-degree seeking graduate student.
- Email Graduate School when you submit your application for undergraduate graduation.
*Minimum GPA requirements by college or program