University of Education Winneba (South Campus) Winneba
The Winneba Campus is the main campus of the University of Education, Winneba. It has three sub-campuses: the North, Central and South Campuses.The central Administration is currently located at the North Campus.
P.O.Box 25, Winneba, Ghana
Vice Chancellor: (03323)22361
The University of Education, Winneba (UEW) is a University in Winneba, Central Region of Ghana. Its main aim is to train teachers for the education system of Ghana. The University of Education, Winneba is charged with the responsibility of teacher education and producing professional educators to spearhead a new national vision of education aimed at redirecting Ghana’s efforts along the path of rapid economic and social development. The University of Education, Winneba is expected to play a leading role in Ghana’s drive to produce scholars whose knowledge would be fully responsive to the realities and exigencies of contemporary Ghana.
The Winneba Campus – Main Campus
The Winneba Campus is the main campus of the University and is spread over three sites (North, Central and South) within the Effutu Municipality. The central Administration of the University is located at the South Campus. The Winneba Campus hosts the following Faculties, Schools, Institute, Centers and Offices:
Faculty of Science Education
- Department of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Sports Education
- Department of Home Economics
- Departments of Mathematics Education
- Department of Biology Education
- Department of Social Science Education
- Department of Social Studies Education
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Health Administration and Education